Well, This week I seem to be on a roll, so I'm going to do my best to keep it going!
This month is NAtional NOvel WRiting MOnth, or NaNoWriMo.
More about that HERE.
Maaaan, I wish Blogger had a doobly-doo.
And obviously I realize that it is the 23rd of November, therefore making it near impossible for me to write a whole novel. [Also, it is one of my best friend's birthday today... Love you, SJB.]
However, I do love to write.
In grade 12 I took a Writers' Craft class, and I LOVED it.
We were assigned to write a memoir about an important time in our lives.
So, I decided to write about the summer I spent at Camp in 2009.
The minimum for the assignment was 20 pgs dobule spaced...
How long was mine?
I have continued to work on it here and there because I believe in it and think it deserves to be finished.
Unfortunately, I have lost inspiration for that work and don't know how to get it back.
But this summer, I started writing again a little bit.
Now, I am a theatre kid, so when things happen to me, there's a song in my head.
Basically, in a nutshell, My life is a musical.
And this Life-Musical urges me to do cheesy and even ridiculous things sometimes.
And the piece of writing I am going to share with you now is a recollection of one of those things.
- His fingers twisted through my hair and traced the line of my jaw. I struggled to remember to exhale after every gasping breath. Somehow, I managed to separate my mouth from his.
- “Goodnight,” I said as I looked into his face. It was difficult to be that close to him. I just wanted to hold him, and run as far away as I could, all at the same time.
- “Goodnight,” he whispered as his lips met mine again. My head was reeling. I didn’t care where I was, or that I was already late for curfew. I could feel everything; his heartbeat, his breathing, the electricity that the touch of his fingers sent up my spine… Just him.
- “Now, really goodnight.” I didn’t mean it. I wanted to stand there, on the road for the rest of the night. It was too much. I stood on my toes to reach his mouth. The gravel under my feet poked through the plastic of my shoes. I wished he would hold me closer, and as if he had heard my thoughts, he curled his arms around my waist and pulled me into him. I held his face in my hands as he kissed me. He wasn’t close enough. I leaned in even closer, making my body curve around his.
- Thinking was hard. But I knew I needed to go to bed. I kissed him softly one last time. I didn’t know how I was going to be without him. He brushed my hair out of my face, and kissed my forehead. I sighed. With that, he turned and started up the gravel road toward the 600 row. I watched his figure start to disappear. I began down the gravel road in the opposite direction towards my trailer.
- It seemed as though I could feel him getting further and further away from me. I felt heavier with every step I took towards my campsite. My feet reached the edge of the site, and I looked over my shoulder. I needed him. I hated that I was so dependent. Without a second thought, I took off down the road after him. I think he heard my feet against the gravel because he stopped walking and turned.
- When I finally reached him, I was out of breath. I wrapped my arms around his neck and held his face hard against mine. He couldn't get close enough to me.
- "Now I really have to go back," I said with a smirk.
- Then he kissed my forehead softly and walked away from me again.
- As I made my way down the road back towards my trailer, The only thing I could hear other than my feet against the gravel was Taylor Swift's voice in my head, singing about fairytale love. I sighed happily as I realized the song applied to me.
- Yes, I am well aware that the ending sucks.. As I was posting, I realized that this was also unfinished so I had to whip something up as I went.
- Sorry about that, guys.
- Feel free to comment! I love hearing what you guys have to say.
- Also, the underline button is broken and I can't un-underline anything. Lol.
- Until next time, DFTBA.
- Love Always.
- Emma Cate